No matter how many times it dies, fight and breath!

A package can be unravelled

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The cute one.

The party was weird to say the least. My ex was there with his new girl. all his friends were somehow avoiding me and hanging with her. Sounds like juvenile feuds were going on and it was.

Thank God for my friends. We had somehow become the pariahs. Or we just separated ourselves. Looking around I would say that there was a kind of mistrust in the room. There were little groups formed in different corners. Ours was totally the coolest, for sure.

What I like about extremely cute people is they are so easy to spot. We all magically somehow, spotted him at the same time. There was this guy laughing with his friends. pretty would be the word to use and tall, the perfect combination. We all nodded in agreement. The night had just gotten interesting.

We teased each about who can get him. Man magnet, as we called one of my best friends, voted her as the one to watch in the upcoming trials. Been a while, I had not seen a guy I wanted to wager for a long time.
“I can so get him” I said. Amazingly, I actually meant it.
There was the oppositions and the Nos but for some reason I thought this could work out in my favour.

I am not a daredevil but I can play the Dare just as good as anyone else.
One of my friends called over one of his friends and asked for information. The 411 download was activated.
“Come, I will introduce you,” one of his friends offered.
I hesitated for just a second.
“Sure, let’s go”

The introduction entailed me saying hi and smiling to all their friends before I got to the target of my efforts. Here is the appropriate place to remember another characteristic of an extremely goolooking person. They know it. They know that you know that they are beautiful. You can not hide the fact that you think that they are attractive.
He knew.
“Hi, how are you?”
I mastered all the ladylike easiness I had learnt to keep from choking or shaking.
“Hi “he said. He flashed one of those smiles that you want to go on for ever.
I was hooked
Later, his group joined my group and his hand found mine. I got the date by the end of the evening. So that it be known, yes, I totally put myself out there. I made myself available. Played all the right keys and the music swayed the crowd.

The date was the movies then maybe some dancing. I never made it to the movies nor for dancing. It was not for a good reason. He, the pretty one, decided that it would better to sit by the waters and talk! What? The whole point of saying you want to go to the movies is to avoid the irritating ‘so tell me about yourself’ conversation. We talked, we starred out at the water and he held my hand. I think I was so blinded by him the night before that I did not realize that I was not attracted to him.
‘Damn! ‘I thought. It was a little late for realization.

At the end of that night, I was relieved. Then I remembered what he asked, “will you be my girlfriend?”
And I was more mortified by my answer, “yes!”
I said yes! What was I doing!

So on subsequent dates I learnt a few things about Mr. Pretty. He was selfish, always broke and a liar. I was not even we could hold a conversation. It is not that we had all bad moments but the great ones were few. Oh, he was a control freak! I had to tell him where I was going and with whom before I stepped out of my flat. That never happened. I would turn up in a club with my friends and voila! His friends would be there and the next thing I know, he is there. Coincidence, I do not think so.

I did try to be a girlfriend. Second time lucky, I hoped. The only time I was in the club with him, he imprisoned me by his side. It was like I had a real live shadow. I could not breathe and that marked the end of us clubbing together.

The first and only time I went to his place was fun until, he tried to force into sleeping with him. You know how heavier a guy becomes when he is horny, very heavy. I have never been so scared. I kept thinking that I deserved to get myself attacked, I did this to me. I repelled that attack, luckily.

We made out on the balcony and did a little bit more but with him I was sure I was not ready. He was not the one.

It ended badly. He went back to sleeping with his neighbour and I went back to being free.

Pretty boys, the ascent of not so fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment